I-55 Mississippi River Bridge to close for construction
MEMPHIS, Tn. (KAIT) - Those headed to Memphis this weekend will want to take Interstate 40.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation crews will close the Interstate 55 Mississippi River Bridge beginning Friday night for construction.
Starting at 8 p.m. June 9, TDOT says crews will set beams for the new Wisconsin Avenue Bridge and do repairs on the I-55 bridge.
TDOT says the following roads will be closed:
- I-55 Southbound at Bridgeport Road in Arkansas
- I-55 Northbound at South Parkway in Tennessee
- I-55 Southbound ramp
- Crump Boulevard westbound
- Crump Boulevard westbound ramp to Riverside Drive northbound
- Riverside Drive northbound
- Metal Museum Drive to I-55
Detour signs will be posted.
The bridge is set to reopen on Monday, June 12, at 6 a.m.
The department says all work is weather dependent.
TDOT urges drivers to check travel conditions before leaving.
Copyright 2023 KAIT. All rights reserved.