Wintry weather brings cancellations, power outages, slushy roads
Roads left in a slushy mess
JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - Winter weather brought cold conditions and a slushy mess Sunday as people began driving on roads throughout Region 8.
A Winter Storm Warning and a Winter Weather Advisory had been issued for the region Saturday due to the conditions, but the National Weather Service allowed the warning and advisory to expire.
The road conditions caused several churches to cancel services following Saturday’s wintry weather.
The weather moved into Region 8 Saturday afternoon, bringing rain and snow into the area. Viewers began submitting pictures and videos of their scenes via See It Snap It Send It.
By lunchtime Sunday, roads were mostly clear with some icy patches in the area, according to IDriveArkansas.com :
By Sunday morning, several electric companies reported power outages throughout the state.
At 6 p.m., Entergy Arkansas reported 2,798 outages, including in the following Region 8 counties:
- Baxter: 1
- Clay: 3
- Poinsett: 1
The Craighead Electric Cooperative reported a customer in Craighead County was without power.
Report Power Outages:
- Call: 1-800-521-2450
- Register to report an outage via text message by clicking here:
- To report an outage: 1-888-771-7772
- To register for text messaging services, click here
- To view the current outage map, click here
- To report an outage: 1-800-968-8243 (1-800-9OUTAGE)
- To sign up for text message alerts, click here
- Call 870-523-3691
- To see outages, click here.
- Call (870) 930-3300
- To report an outage, call 1-800-439-4563
- To report an outage call one of the following toll-free numbers:
- From Baxter County - 870-425-2141
- From Fulton County - 870-895-3221
- From Izard County - 870-670-5600
- From Sharp County - 870-994-2191
- To report an outage from the NAEC mobile app, download it here.
- Call (870) 563-5245
- To report an outage call (870) 239-7700
Piggott Municipal Light Water and Sewer
- To report an outage call (870) 593-3208
One of the best ways to be aware of the weather is to follow the Region 8 StormTEAM:
- Watch the latest forecasts on KAIT-TV at 4:30-7 a.m., Midday at 11 a.m., News at 5, 6, and 10 p.m. on KAIT-ABC & KAIT-NBC. Newscasts are available over the air, on cable & satellite where available, on kait8.com, on the Region 8 News mobile app for smartphones and tablets (to install or update the news app search KAIT in your mobile marketplace).
- OTT watch Region 8 News from any device by downloading the Region 8 News app, the Region 8 Weather app, the Region 8 News Roku channel, or on the Region 8 News on Amazon Firestick.
Follow the Region 8 StormTEAM on social media:
Copyright 2022 KAIT. All rights reserved.